Monday, September 12, 2005

Thumbs down for Jade Buddha on Eagle St.

We (me, Jerry, Mel, Tim, Tammy, Kimbo, Chris, and Jane) went to Jade Buddha on Sunday (Sept 11, 2005) for Tim's official birthday celebration.

Here's a more detailed description of what happened last week on Fathers' Day when we went to Jade Buddha:

- It took a long time for them to serve us our food. In a way, it is understandable because most of us asked for a well done steak and because of the wait, we were expecting it to be worth it. But three or four steaks was undercooked.
- It took a long time for the waitress to bring our drinks.
- We were booked on a smoking area and gave us a non-smoking table when we arrived.
- They were informed about needing a vegetarian meal days before when the reservation was made but when we got there, there was this huge fuss about it.

After that unpleasant afternoon, Kimbo made sure that her complaints were heard and made sure that the service would be different this time for Tim's birthday.

Here's what happened on Tim's birthday:

- It took a long time for the waitresses to bring us out drink (before and after the meal).
- The Five steaks were undercooked and as we had it redone, the manager took the steaks back to the chef and the chef was annoyed and was shaking his head and mouthing "fuck off" towards our table. This was seen as the chef on the grill was visible to the diners. I saw the chef being annoyed and Tammy saw the chef mouthed these atrocious words and as I looked at the chef to see if I should believe her, I witness this unfortunate incident myself, which led me to conclude that the mouthing of these words was done AT LEAST twice (that we know of).

Both my experiences at Jade Buddha are both disappointing. I am one unsatisfied customer and I am not alone in this. Not only that they need to improve their customer relation skills, but also, the chef needs to be torched. The chef which was on duty on Sept 11, 2005 at exactly 4:26 p.m., which was the same chef that served us on Father's Day, if I'm not mistaken.

No comments: