Monday, September 05, 2005

Fathers' Day in Australia

Yesterday was father's day in Australia. I was told about the legend of this day. There's a retailer in Toowoomba that wanted to increase sales and invented mother's day. But of course, if you have mother's day, one should also have father's day. And there it began. I was told about this by Chris. I don't know if its a joke or not but I couldn't care less. I've always known that these are phoney holidays to make poeple feel important and special about themselves. Just like valentines day. But it's a chance for businesses to boom so here they are. Also, to boost one's self-esteem. And maybe in some ways, dads and moms deserve to have one special day of the year dedicated just for them. Especially with all the emotional and financial investment they made on their children. Anyway, I'm glad these holidays are with us. After all, it's an excuse to celebrate and have a party.

Everyone chipped in to give Chris an engraved bolt necklace.

We (Chris, kimbo, Melanie, Tim, Tammy, Jerry, and me) went to "Jade Buddha". Here's what we had:
Me and Kimbo had the seafood one. Melanine is vegetarian so the chef whipped up a special platter for her. Chris, Tim, Tammy, and Jerry had the steak. It wasn't cooked properly. Jerry and Tim asked for a well-done steak and it was still bleeding inside. They didn't finish theirs. Kimbo wrap them all up in a napkin to give to Bolli and Angel (her two canine babies).

I believe that we're going to be there (Jade Buddha) again on Tim's birthday, which is on the 9th of September (Also my mom's birthday and Colonel Sander's birthday). Also, on Jerry's, Suzie's, Kimbo's, and Kath's birthday (Suzie and Kath are Kimbo's girl friends), all those events are going to be held at Jade Buddha but it's not confirmed yet. It's four birthdays in one big event since all their birthdays are in October.

Mel, Chris, Kimbo, Tim, Tammy were all smoking. Oh, what I wouldn't give to have one of those caressing my fingers again.
That's kimbo, by the way.

Jerry told Kimbo that I was trying to make Long Island Ice Tea the other day and I couldn't get it right because I'm lacking one ingredient. She lent me a cocktail book. It's quite interesting and I'm looking forward on experimenting. Kimbo invented a new cocktail. It was just lemon sorbet and vodka. She was having lemon sorbet one night and it hit her that it would go really nicely with vodka. Me, being a vodka drinker, tried some and liked it, which is kindda odd because I don't like lemon sorbet on its own. I remember last xmas, Jerry and I went to Noosa and Chris made this cocktail for me and Kimbo. I don't know what it's called. Anyway, Kimbo couldn't finish hers so she gave it to me. It tasted really good so I sculled it all. I was trashed a few minutes later.

No comments: