Saturday, April 28, 2007

Then and Now

G'Day mate! It just doesn't sound right when I say it.. and by the way, I hate that term "mate".

Ten moons ago, Jerry and I went to the Phoenix for the NIN listening party. We only stayed for about an hour to play pool for free then left. It was pretty lame. Anyway, we headed on to the Troub to see a friend's band called Hot Liquid Sex. Didn't stay very long either but it was a pretty good night. Paulie took a few photos and I'm still waiting for Jerry to ask Paulie for them.

The following day was my birthday. Aaaahhhhh my birthday... how relaxing.... I got a bottle of whiskey and a bucket of chicken.. Could anything be more perfect?

Actually, yes. A few days later when I came home from work, I opened the medicine cabinet.. and then... there it was... reaching out to me.. my new baby love.. my Nokia N70! Jerry bought it for me and it was supposed to arrive on my birthday but it arrived late. Nevertheless, it's here and I'm loving it!

Yesterday, I went to meet up with a friend of mine in the city after work. I haven't seen her in ages! She's going away next month. For how long, I don't know. On the same night, Jerry had an office dinner/party and headed to the footy game then went to the city for an office after-party. Fun Fun Fun *wink* *wink*

It hasn't been all sunshine and lollipops. Guns N Roses tickets were released two days ago and I still don't have mine. $100 was the cheapest one and I don't know if I can afford it.. I know it's not the original Guns N Roses line up. It's Axl Rose and his band. I mean, come on, Slash is half the Guns N Roses! They should have changed their name, really. But it would still be pretty awesome to see them live.

No comments: