Monday, April 16, 2007

I'm Back, Baby

I've spent most of my time working my arse off and neglecting everything else. No more. I've come to a realisation.. I'm getting old. Yes, yes, everyone has experienced this when they're at a certain age and another birthday is coming up. I'm not gonna give a lecture on how this is different because this is exactly what it is. I'm getting old and I don't want to keep getting older with just my work in my life. So, hibernation is over. I'm taking it upon myself to live again; to do things again and not just drown myself in sorrow on how life sucks; take care of myself again and reach for what I want and deserve. I'm sure this is just a phase that I will eventually kill off or a phase that will tire me to an extent that it's me that will get killed off. Nevertheless, I am on a psycho holiday.

Here's what's happening:

A Nine Inch Nails listening party. That's this coming Wednesday. It's going to be at "Club Phoenix" in the city. It's like a new HMB. I've only been there once while waiting for Lidia to show up for her birthday dinner at Jo-Jo's. I went to Phoenix just to kill time and almost everyone there were 18 year olds. Maybe it was just that night, I don't know.. but oh well, good music was played. A bit of GnR and a bit of Ozzy Osbourne here and there.

Next up would be the Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero concert on the 7th of May (Monday) at the Riverstage. I bought the album this afternoon with the HMV gift card that little Julie gave me last year for xmas. Since all my computers are stuffed, I asked Jerry to rip it into MP3s from his computer and transfer it to my mp3 player so I can start consuming it on my way to work tomorrow.

If you've been paying attention and checking my blog regularly, then you'd know that the new Guns N Roses are touring, as stated on my previous post. Really, just the one before this post. I promise. Anyway, I don't have my ticket yet. They go on sale on the 26th of April (next Thursday). I hope I can afford it. The concert will be on the 20th of June at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.

Here's a new band called "Hellyeah". Their first album, self titled, are in stores now, I believe. It consists of the elements of Pantera, Mudvayne, and Nothingface. I've listened to a few of their songs online. I really liked "you wouldn't know". Better be a good album.

I've also been losing a little bit of weight. It's not a conscious effort. It's more stress related. But weight loss is weight loss. My hair is also getting longer. That's the girly side of me. Here's another girly side of mine: I came across a scent that took my breath away... in a good way. Burberry London Women. Jerry is getting it for me.

I am also getting a new mobile phone. I think I speak for all of us that it doesn't come as a shock to anyone. I'm getting a Nokia and Jerry is going to get it for me. I "requested" a Nokia N70 or a Nokia 6680 as a second option.

I also need to update my wardrobe. I can't just live off t-shirts, cargo pants, fishnets, vinyl and buckles. By golly, I'm growing up.

Before I forget, I want to introduce my new lover.. Mr. Johnnie Walker. We've only been together for a few months but our relationship is flourishing. Whenever I hold him in my hands, I'm filled to the brim with girlish glee.

It's footy season and Jerry is obsessed with gpoker as well. I'm guessing those are the reasons why I've got plenty of time to catch up on my computer time. I've also been tinkering with my MySpace. Go check it out!

No comments: