Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Retail Therapy

I've recently realised the importance of family. An environment that's familiar and safe.. An environment where I feel protected and secure even when at times it can be more than a person would want. Nevertheless, it's a place to run to when you just want to run away; an atmosphere to blend yourself in.

Niralyn, my cousin, and I used to go shopping all the time. We'd get there at 9:30am-10:00am when it opens and stay there until 8:00pm-9:00pm when it closes. She would spend the night sometimes and we'd model what we bought and stand in front of the mirror for some time. Aaahhh vanity...

My mother and Auntie Juanita invite me along when they go shopping. I enjoy it so. Probably because of the benefit of my mother's credit card. Nah.. not really. I need not worry about that since my mother taught me how to forge her signature so I could use it when I'm out by myself. Also, she gave me my own credit card as a secondary holder. I do enjoy strolling with them; listening to them gossip about things I don't care about; listening to them talk to retail sales people with much delight; and of course, the nice meal we all have afterwards.

I don't have a lot of shopping buddies. I like going shopping on my own more than anything. Sometimes, it's a team sport when I pair up with a companion. Michelle Y., a very dear friend of mine, is one of my favorites. Same deal, we'd get there when the shops open and stay there until they close. After the ritual, we'd have a footlong hotdog and coffee and talk about our day together.

Those were the days.. long gone but not at all forgotten.

No comments: