Thursday, February 09, 2006

Updates (Feb 9, 2006)

I haven't been doing much lately. Here are a few things that have happened. I'm not sure if I can remember all the details but anyway, here goes:

PANTERA TRIBUTE (Dec. 10, 2005)

Jerry and I went to a Pantera tribute at the Arena on the 10th of December. We didn't stay all night. It started at about 9pm. Tim and Tammy are suppose to go with us but Tammy didn't have I.D. so they cancelled leaving us with two extra tickets. We invited Lucia and her husband. Lucia and I got acquainted a few months before the tribute. She's from uni.

Anyway, gates opened at 7pm, I think. Lucia and her husband arrived a bit later after that. They left just as soon as the tribute started! We left at about 12am. the band was pissed and making fools of themselves by then.

Since it was 2 months ago, I hardly remember the songs that they did.

Ohwell, it was a fun night anyway.

GRADUATION (Dec. 18, 2005)

I graduated on the 18th of December. It was held at the Carlton Crest Hotel in the city. Finally, I'm done with uni. At long last.

Our manager had an xmas BBQ that night and Jerry and I were invited. It was mentioned that Michelle, our assistant manager, was at the tribute too for "State of Integrity". They're one of the bands that played at the Arena before the tribute and the State of Integrity's bassist, Ben, is her boyfriend.

XMAS

Presents... Jerry gave me a lot of things. He gave me a hotdog steamer, a hotdog grill, sewing machine (not one of those travel ones. The real thing!), a crystal to dispel negativity (because he thinks I'm too negative), pens and notepad papers (because I like stationeries). I gave him a poker table top because he likes poker and he had poker nights and more to come, I presume. Bootsie got new toys and a new collar. It was really endearing that Jerry put "from santa" on some of the presents. I guess he did it because I never believed in santa when I was a kid and he's sort of creating the fantasy.

NEW YEAR

We spent new year's at his Jane's (his mother). Mel (Jerry's sister), Paul (Mel's friend/housemate. Also, the vocalist of MadHappies), and Ali (Paul's girlfriend) was there too. We had a few drinks, lit up some sparkles, and played "cranium" (it's a board game that I'm not good at).

MADHAPPIES RECORDING AT AIRLOCK STUDIO (Jan 7-13, 2006)

Madhappies is launching an album. They've been recording their stuff and its all done and good. They're just finishing the mixing now. Jerry is at Airlock Studio right now. He's with Paul and Emerson (mixer). Here are a few photos:

























Josh, the bassist, is out of town at the moment. He's coming back. I'm just not sure when. I have his travel blog address. I gotta read it soon.

Well, Thats it. Jerry is creating a MadHappies site, which is still under construction. He has put on a few sample tracks. I'll make the link public next time when it's all ready and maybe I'll put on some sample tracks here next time, if I'm not too lazy.

No comments: