Saturday, June 23, 2007

G'N'R - Chinese Democracy - June 20, 2007

Some time ago, I was crushed to have heard the news that I won't be going to see Guns N Roses because tickets were sold out. On one drunken night, two tickets were purchased on a special offer that I received from Brisbane Entertainment Centre.

It's been three days since me and my troll went to see the best band in the world and I'm still with it.

Let's start with the support acts, shall we? Angry Anderson has got personality! I've recently become an admirer of Rose Tattoo. Thumbs up for Sebastian Bach... Mr. long-hair-baby-face-perfect-teeth-bach in his tight leather gear. He's a classic!

We were on the floor at the front with just 4 rows of people in between us and the stage. Dead centre! There were these idiots right next to us ruining our good fun that got thrown out. Mr. Bach had to stop in the middle of a song to ask the bouncer to throw this guy out. Disgusting behaviour! Disgusting! You know what this world needs? Concert etiquette! That's what! If you're gonna be a dickhead, then you don't deserve to see the greatest band in the world. Contrary to what KISS thinks, I say it's Guns N Roses. Dont get me wrong, I like KISS. The first concert I saw in my life was KISS and I was on the floor on my own. But it will always be Guns N Roses that rocks my world.

Now, let's get to the REAL reason why I paid $150 to go to this event and another $100 for merch; the REAL reason why anybody would bother to stay out until 1:30am on a Wednesday night (well, Thursday morning) when you've got to get up at 6:35am the next morning to go to work with the realisation that you're too old to rock and roll all night and party everyday; the REAL reason why this post is being created. That's right... the REAL reason!
Guns 'N' 'F' Roses! What? No photos? The bouncer threatened to confiscate any cameras around when the band comes out and since they're right in front of us, I've decided not to be stupid.

Let's start with the obvious. They opened with Welcome to the Jungle and closed with Paradise City. Below are songs in between (I hope I remember them all):

  • Nightrain
  • My Michelle (Sebastian Bach joined Guns N Roses on stage for this song. Perfection!)
  • Outta Get Me
  • Knockin on Heaven's door
  • Patience
  • Live and Let die
  • Sweet Child O' Mine
  • Mr. Brownstone
  • November Rain
  • Chinese Democracy
  • You Could Be Mine
The following are the songs that I'm not sure of if they performed them or they were just in my head:

  • You're Crazy
  • It's So Easy
Here! Here! Dizzy Reed on keys! Is it the same without Slash? Would it be like Pantera without Dimebag?

Hey! Ho! The Guns N Roses are back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome night. I hope you weren't too tired for work the next morning :)

Anonymous said...

I had previously heard they were rubbish. How nice to hear a different story!